The Chase Freedom® Visa is one of my personal favorites. If you need a card that gives cash back and 0% on purchases then this is a card to consider. This card offers 5% cash back on purchases like gas, home improvement, and department stores. If you are an online shopper this card is part of the Chase Rewards Plus program that offers up to 10% cash back when shopping online. An added perks is that this card does not charge an annual fee and new cardmembers can earn $100 cash back. Let’s check out the details.
Chase Freedom Features
- Earn a $100 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases between 1/1/15—3/31/15 at grocery stores (not including Walmart® and Target® purchases), movie theaters, and Starbucks® stores
- Earn a $25 Bonus after you add your first authorized user and make a purchase within this same 3-month period
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99-22.99%
- You'll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like restaurants, gas stations, and Amazon.com. It's free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- No annual fee and rewards never expire as long as your account is open
0% Introductory Rate
The card offers a 0% introductory rate on purchases for 15 months. This is ideal if you are making a big purchase and you know you will need some extra time to pay it off. If you need a balance transfer card then you’re in luck because this card also gives 15 months. When you combine both the 0% on purchases and 0% on balance transfers this card is a tough one to beat. After the introductory period is over your rate will be between 13.99%-22.99% (Variable), based on your creditworthiness.
Let’s first talk about the nice bonus this card offers – $100 Cash Back. All you have to do is spend $500 within 3 months and you will earn $100 cash back. For rewards, you can earn 5% cash back categories like gas, home improvement and department stores. They are rotating categories which change every quarter so you have to stay on top of what the categories are so you can maximize your earning. On all purchases that fall outside the 5% categories you will earn 1% cash back with no spending tiers or caps. Chase also offers up to an additional 20% cash back at select merchants when you shop online through Chase.
The Chase Freedom® offers flexible payment options and online tracking to monitor your spending. With Blueprint, your payment and money management options include the following:
- Full Pay: With full pay, you can select the categories of purchases you want to pay in full each month. Chase will then show these purchases separately on your bill, and you can pay them in full even while you carry a balance in other categories of purchases.
- Split Pay: For larger purchases, you can set up a payment plan, and track your progress month to month.
- Finish It: If you want to pay off your balance, you can set up a payment plan that will help you eliminate your credit card debt.
- Track It: The tracking feature allows you to set spending goals by category and track your progress throughout the month. For example, you can set a spending limit for groceries or restaurants, and Blueprint will track your spending throughout the month. It can even send you alerts as you near your spending goal.