From time to time, the Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card offers an excellent free flights deal. Well the deal is back!
If you’re looking for a rewards credit card with an excellent bonus offer, this one might be for you. The Rapid Rewards® card is already a great deal, especially for frequent travelers. It offers double points on many travel-related purchases, anniversary points, and 1 point per every $1 transferred to the card.
But the real deal here is the bonus offer: when you spend $2,000 in your first 3 months of cardmembership, you’ll get 50,000 bonus points – enough for two average roundtrip fares through Southwest®’s Wanna Get Away?® program.
While this card has an annual membership fee of $99, it is still an excellent deal just with the 2 roundtrip flights deal. Here’s the skinny on this returning credit card deal:
- Get 50,000 points for 2 Roundtrip Flights after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. Government fees as low as $10 not included.
- Get 6,000 points after your Cardmember Anniversary.
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines® and AirTran® Airways purchases made directly with the airlines and on Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases.
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Redeem points for gift cards, car rentals, cruises, hotel stays, and international flights to over 800 Destinations on 50+ global carriers.
- No foreign transaction fees
Limited Time Offer
This is one of the most attractive bonus offers out there for those who travel. You get 2 Roundtrip Flights after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account – that’s over $800 in Wanna Get Away?® Fares That means you just have to spend $666 per month for 3 months and you will earn the flights. You are awarded 50,000 points, which then can be redeemed for 2 average Wanna Get Away?® flights.
With this credit card you will earn 2 points for each $1 you spend with Southwest Airlines and AirTran® Airways. Double points are only available for purchases directly from the airline.
You can also earn double points by making purchases with Rapid Rewards® Hotel and Car Rental partners. Check out Southwest®’s list of travel partners here.
On all other purchases – from paying bills to buying groceries or gas – you’ll earn 1 point per $1 spent. However, shopping with certain dining and shopping partners – found here – offers bonus Rapid Rewards® point.
If you’re looking for a rewards-based balance-transfer card, this may be the one. It offers 1 point per $1 transferred within the first 90 days of enrollment.
This credit card sweetens the deal even more with annual anniversary points. Each you on your cardmember anniversary, you’ll receive 6,000 bonus points – enough to purchase $100 worth of Wanna Get Away?® fare.
You can check out this deal here.