The Pentagon Federal Credit Union offers a variety of great credit cards. But in order to qualify for the card you have to be a PenFed member. If you’re in the military, it’s easy to join. But even if you don’t serve in the armed forces, becoming a member of PenFed is pretty easy. Here are the ways you can qualify to join the PenFed Credit Union:
- United States Military & Uniformed Services: One way to become a Pentagon Federal Credit Union Member is to be part of the United States Military. If you are an officer of the United States Public Health Services Commissioned Corps or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), you are also eligible to become a member of Pentagon Federal Credit Union by joining the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA).
- Member of an Eligible Association, Military Officers Association of America (MOAA), or the Reserve Officers Association (ROA): The are a number of eligible associations in which members will qualify to be part of the PenFed credit union. Click here to see a complete list of eligible associations.
- United States Government Employees: If you are an United States Government Employee you are eligible to become a member. Such department include the Department of the Army, Department of the Air Force, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, and more.
- Employee of an Eligible Place of Business: Veterans Service Organizations, as well as Alion Science & Technology, BAE, CACI, Calibre, DFAS, DIA, DISA, FEMA, LMI, ManTech, NDIA, RCI, SRA International and many more. Click here to see a complete list of eligible businesses.
- Family Member or Housemate: If you are a family member or housemate of somebody who is part of the military, a member of one of the approved associations, or works for the government or eligible places of business, you might also might be eligible to be a member.
- Employee or volunteer of the American Red Cross: You can become a PenFed member if you are an employee or a volunteer for the American Red Cross. Also, if you provide blood donations or a financial donations you might be eligible too.
- By Your Geographic Location or Military Installation: There is a list of geographic locations you can choose from a list to see if you are eligible.
- National Military Family Association: If you do not fall within the regular guidelines, you can join the National Military Family Association in order to become a member with Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Here are the details: a low, one-time only $20 fee (fee is non-refundable tax deductible donation), membership is open to anyone, National Military Family Association is the leading non-profit advocacy organization for military families and uou do not have to retain National Military Family Association membership to stay a member with Pentagon Federal Credit Union.
- Voices for America’s Troops: If you do not fall within the regular membership guidelines, you can join the Voices for America’s Troops in order to become a member with Pentagon Federal Credit Union as membership is open to anyone. Here are the details: a low, one-time only $15 fee (non-refundable membership fee), Voices for America’s Troops advocates for a strong national defense, including sustaining and improving quality of life programs for America’s troops, their families and survivors.