Citibank now has a back to school offer that will help students earn a little cash before school starts. For a limited time, Citi is offering a $50 statement credit for any of its three popular student credit cards. All you have to do is be a new card member and spend $50 within the first three months, and you will receive the $50 statement credit. The offer is good with any of their three student cards: Citi® mtvU™ Platinum Select® Visa, Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Card, and Citi Forward® Card. To get more details on this offer and to apply for card, visit Citi’s $50 Bonus Page.
Here are some details on the $50 bonus:
The statement credit can only be earned by new Citi mtvU Platinum Select, Citi Dividend Platinum Select or Citi Forward cardmembers approved through this offer. In order to receive the statement credit, you must make at least $50 in purchases that are not returned within the first 3 months of account opening. The statement credit will appear on the card billing statement after the purchase has posted to the card account, not on the receipt. Please expect to see your statement credit within 8 weeks of end of promotion period.
Here are some details on the three student credit cards that are part of this offer:
Citi® mtvU™ Platinum Select® Card for College Students
The Citi® mtvU™ Platinum Select® Visa Card for College Students is another good choice for students who want to build positive credit for themselves. Students can even earn points for having a good GPA. The card allows you to earn points for all purchases made at bookstores, record stores, restaurants, movie theaters and video rental stores.
- No Cosigner required
- Earn 5 ThankYou Points® for every dollar you spend at restaurants, bookstores, record stores, movie theaters and video rental stores
- Earn 1 ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on all other purchases
- Earn up to 2000 ThankYou Points twice a year for having a good GPA
Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Card for College Students
For college students looking to establish credit, the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Card for College Students offers some of the best terms and rewards available from any student credit card. It offers cash back rewards and a low APR with a 0% introductory offer for those that qualify. Here are some of the benefits the card offers:
- No Cosigner Required
- Earn 5% Cash Back on purchases at supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, convenience stores & utilities (including cable) for 6 months; 1% thereafter
- Earn at least 2% cash back in popular rotating categories like restaurants, apparel, hotel and more. Enrollment required
- Earn a full 1% cash back on all other purchases
Citi Forward® Card for College Students
The Citi Forward® Card for College Students is different than other student cards because of its unique rewards program. The card actually rewards its members for being responsible cardholders and allows members to reduce their APR up to 2% when payments are made on time.
- No Cosigner required
- APR reduction on purchases when using credit wisely
- 100 ThankYou Points each billing period that you pay on time and stay under your credit line
- Earn up to 8,500 bonus points after you sign up for paperless statements and make $250 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- No annual fee
The Citibank back to school offer of a $50 statement credit is available to new card members until September 30, 2010. If you are in the market for a solid student credit card and want a little cash back before going back to school you can apply for any of the Citi Student Cards online in minutes.