The Bank of America Travel Rewards Credit Card offers 1.5 points per $1 spent, a 25,000 point signup bonus, and no annual fee. As good as this sounds, the real question is how this card compares with other travel rewards credit cards. We’ll examine that very question in this Bank of America Travel Rewards Credit Card review.
Bank of America Travel Rewards Credit Card Snapshot
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees and your points don’t expire
- 25,000 online bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening – that can be a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases
- Use your card to book your trip how and where you want – you’re not limited to specific websites with blackout dates or restrictions
- Redeem points for a statement credit to pay for flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars, or baggage fees
- Comes with chip technology for enhanced security and protection at chip-enabled terminals
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases.
- If you’re a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25% – 75% more points on every purchase
There are four components of the Bank of America Travel Rewards Credit Card rewards program: (1) the 25,000 point bonus; (2) 1.5 points; (3) 10% customer points bonus; and (4) 25% or higher bonus for Preferred Rewards clients.
1. 25,000 Bonus Points: The card offers 25,000 bonus points when you spend $1000 on the card in the first 90 days. These bonus points are worth a $200 statement credit.
2. 1.5 Points: Bank of America offers a simple and very rewarding program–1.5 points for every $1 spent. There are no rotating categories to keep track of, and no spending caps.
3. 10% Bonus: Those with an active Bank of America checking or savings account, you’ll earn a 10% bonus. This increases the rewards to 1.65 points for every $1 charged to the card.
4. 25%+ Bonus: Finally, Preferred Rewards clients can earn substantial bonuses starting at 25%. For Platinum Honors members, this bonus goes up to 75%.
0% Introductory Rate
The card offers a 0% introductory rate on purchases for 12 billing cycles.
What we like about the Bank of America Travel Rewards Credit Card
- 25,000 Bonus Points
- 1.5 Points rewards program
- 0% introductory APR
- No annual fee
What could be better
- Requires Excellent/Good Credit