The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card is a rewards card ideal for those looking for a little of everything. The card offers excellent cash rewards, a $100 signup bonus, and a 0% introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers.
This card is one of the most popular on the site. It offers up to 3% cash back (see details below), a 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, and a $100 cash signup bonus (again, see details below). And it manages to do this without charging an annual fee. Excellent or good credit required.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card Snapshot
- No annual fee
- $100 online cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas up to the first $1,500 in combined grocery/gas purchases each quarter
- No changing categories and no expiration on rewards
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases AND for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 13.24% – 23.24% Variable APR. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers.
- Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- If you’re a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25%-75%. Click “Apply Now” to learn more about Preferred Rewards.
- More Details: BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card
There are several components to this card’s cash rewards program: (1) the $100 bonus; (2) 3% cash back; (3) 2% cash back; (4) 1% cash back; and (5) Bank of American customer bonuses:
1. $100 Bonus: Spend $500 within the first 3 months and you will earn a $100 cash back bonus.
2. 3% Cash Back: Bank of America pays 3% cash back at on gas up on the first $1,500 in combined gas and grocery purchases each quarter. Note that the 3% is on gas purchases, but the limit combines gas and grocery purchases. I can hear you asking–where did the grocery purchases come from? I’m glad you asked.
3. 2% Cash Back: You’ll earn 2% on grocery purchases up to a combined spending limit of $1,500 on gas and groceries each quarter.
4. 1% Cash Back: On all purchases that fall outside these higher payout categories you will earn 1% cash back with no spending tiers or caps.
5. Bank of America Customers: You’ll earn even more if you bank at BofA. First, you’ll get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account. And if you are a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25%-75%.
0% Introductory Rate
The BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card offers an introductory rate of 0% for 12 months on purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 13.24% – 23.24% Variable APR. Note that there is a 3% fee (minimum $10) on balance transfers.
What we like
- The $100 cash bonus
- Up to 3% cash back
- 0% introductory APR
- No annual fee
What could be better
- Spending caps could be higher
- Requires Excellent/Good Credit