The very first business credit card I applied for (and was approved for) was the Capital One Spark. In 2010 when I was approved, I used that card exclusively for all of my business needs and it did the job. Although the card only generated 1% flat cash back, it was an important stepping stone in getting my business set up.
Now that I have a solid credit history I’m able to request an upgrade from Capital One. That upgrade is to now own a Capital One Spark Cash for Business credit card.
Top Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business Perks
- Compare Business Credit Cards at CardRatings.com
The second monster perk of the Capital One Spark Cash for Business is that it offers a flat 2% cash back on ALL purchases. To my knowledge, there is no business credit card that does flat cash back better. You might be able to earn 5% cash back on office supplies. You might be able to earn 3% cash back on your phone bill.
However, the majority of small business purchases you make will always qualify in the “general” category and getting 2% back is very strong. As an example, a business that spends $20,000 a year on their card will earn $400 in cash back.
Some of the additional perks of the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business are as follows:
- 2% Cash Back: Earn 2% cash back on all purchases. This is one of the few credit cards offering 2% in rewards
- Welcome Bonus: Earn $500 cash bonus after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months
- Limited Time Offer: In addition to the Welcome Bonus, you can earn $1,500 when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of opening your account.
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
- Rewards won’t expire for the life of the account, and you can redeem your cash back for any amount
- Get employee cards at no additional cost, and earn rewards from their business spend
Other Capital One Perks
No foreign transaction fees – If your business makes purchases outside of the United States (whether physically in another country or online with an international processor) you will NOT be charged a transaction fee. Some credit cards charge up to 3% to exchange foreign currency from the buyer to the seller. However, Capital One is a notorious issuer in not charging a foreign transaction fee on any of their credit cards.
Auto rental collision damage waiver – If you use your Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business to rent a vehicle, you do not have to pay for the added collision insurance because your credit card will cover it. However, it is important to read the rules closely on which cars are covered and which are not.
Emergency assistance services – When you’re on the road, the phone number on the back of your Capital One card can be of great value. Calling them will give you access to legal or medical referrals, assistance if you’re stuck on the side of the road or help in replacing a travel ticket you’ve lost. Be advised that if you utilize a service such as roadside assistance, you’ll be charged from the merchant.
Compare this and similar business credit cards, and apply online, at CardRatings.com.