The Chase Slate Edge is a no annual fee credit card with a twist. Chase will automatically consider you for a lower APR and credit increase (see details below). It also comes with a decent sign-up bonus.
- Get a $100 bonus on your statement when you spend $500 in your first six months from account opening.
- Lower your interest rate by 2% each year. Chase will automatically consider you for an APR reduction when you pay on time, and spend at least $1,000 on your card by your next account anniversary.
- Get an automatic, one-time review for a higher credit limit when you pay on time, and spend $500 in your first six months.
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR.
- No annual fee
The all new Chase Slate Edge credit card is a solid first credit card. It doesn’t charge an annual fee, offers a decent signup bonus, and comes with a 0% APR introductory rate.
That said, it doesn’t offer ongoing rewards of any kind. Still, we think it is good alternative for those with good credit looking for a no-frills credit card. It does offer two unique features.
First, you can lower the APR on the card by 2% each year. Chase will automatically consider you for a rate reduction when you meet two requirements:
- Pay your credit card bill on time, and
- Spent at least $1,000 on the card by your next account anniversary.
Of course, if you pay your bill in full each month, you won’t pay any interest at all.
Second, Chase will automatically consider you for a credit limit increase. Again, two requirements must be satisfied:
- Pay your bill on time, and
- Spend at least $500 on the card in the first six months.
This is NOT the Chase Slate Card
For those with a good memory, you may recall the Chase Slate card. It offered a no-fee balance transfer for many years. Chase no longer offers that card, and the Chase Slate Edge is NOT a no-fee balance transfer card.
All in all the Chase Slate Edge is a solid card for those with good credit not looking for rewards.
Pros & Cons
- 0% APR for 12 months on balance transfers and purchases
- No annual fee
- Sign-up bonus
- No rewards
- Requires good to excellent credit
- Foreign transaction fees apply