The Journey Student Rewards from Capital One card welcomes both student and non-students to apply. It’s a simple rewards card that rewards members with 1% cash back on all purchases, and even gives a bonus reward of 0.25% for paying your bill on time each month.
- Rewards: Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases.
- Bonus: Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Be automatically considered for a higher credit line in as little as 6 months
- Monitor your credit profile with the CreditWise® app
- $0 fraud liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Pick the monthly due date that works best for you
- Get customized alerts and manage your account with the Capital One mobile app
Pros & Cons
- No annual fee
- Requires good/average credit
- Non-students can apply
- Earns extra 0.25% each month when bill is paid on time
- High APR
Credit card companies consider a number of factors when evaluating an application. These factors may include income, debt, existing credit cards and, of course, the applicant's credit score.
While credit card issuers do not publish the criteria for approval, we collect publicly available data on credit scores for those who have been either approved or denied for a credit card. Keep in mind that we cannot verify this information and an issuer's credit score requirements can change over time.
- Approved (02/16/2014): 770 (Equifax)--$1,200 credit limit
- Approved (02/16/2014): 776 (Experian)--$1,200 credit limit
- Approved (02/16/2014): 787 (TransUnion)--$1,200 credit limit
- Denied (04/12/2019): 679 (Experian)
- Denied (06/18/2015): 615 (Equifax)
- Denied (06/18/2015): 619 (TransUnion)
- Denied (02/25/2018): 706 (Experian)
- Denied (02/25/2018): 711 (TransUnion)
- Denied (02/10/2014): 653 (Experian)
- Denied (02/10/2014): 668 (Equifax)
- Denied (02/10/2014): 669 (TransUnion)