Student Credit Cards are designed for students who have limited or even no credit history. These cards offer great rewards, 0% APR introductory rates, and don’t charge annual fees. And they are a great way to build credit.
A good credit rating can be instrumental in helping you achieve your financial goals One way to start down a path of good credit is to use a student credit card while you are still in school and simultaneously build positive credit for yourself.
The better student cards offer perks specifically designed for college students. For example, some cards will reduce your interest rate if you achieve good credits. Other cards lower your rate when you pay your bill on time and stay under the credit limit. And almost all of the top student cards offer rewards specifically geared toward young adults.
To get you started we have picked out the Best Student Credit Cards of 2019.
- A college credit card for all students – both from the US and visiting from abroad. (For international students, an SSN is not required to apply)
- Amazon Prime Student Membership (get reimbursed for subscription fees up to a lifetime total of $59)
- 1% unlimited cash back on all purchases
- Credit limits up to $5,000
- $0 annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Helps students build a credit history
- Use anywhere in the world where Mastercard is accepted
- Includes Mastercard Platinum Benefits like Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Roadside Assistance, Travel Assistance Services, Price Protection, Extended Warranty and ID Theft Protection
- Complimentary cellphone insurance up to $600
Compare more student credit cards here.